World Entrepreneurs’ Day
Every year, August 21 is the WED : World Entrepreneurs’ Day. The purpose of the World Entrepreneurs’ Day is to create awareness for entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership throughout the world. WED is the perfect day to celebrate the people who starts a business alone. WED is the day of founders, managers, producers, contractors, industrialists, innovators, administrators, designers and producers. AIBA, the Alliance of International Business Associations invites everyone to organize happenings around the world to promote WED. World Entrepreneurs Day is a great opportunity to push philanthropic, social and ethical business practices via conferences, awards and initiatives.
World Entrepreneurs' Day Events
Suggested Events and Activities for Institutions
- Support World Entrepreneurs' Day by announcing it in your corporate website or magazine; logos and visual communication material are provided free of charge without any licensing fee requirements for this purpose - download the high-resolution World Entrepreneurs' Day Logo.
- During WED enterprises are suggested to organize conferences, workshops and meetings regarding leadership, innovation, creativity, design, entrepreneurship and other related topics.
- Managers, Entrepreneurs and Administrators are suggested to take their time and invite young leaders to teach them about entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Business Schools are suggested to organize conferences to celebrate the World Entrepreneurs' Day, large enterprises are suggested to collaborate with Business Schools and provide them spearkers or partakers for their events.
- Companies can host and organize; lectures, workshops and seminars focused on business practices and principles; highlight the value of entrepreneurship, the role of innovation within society and provide know-how to younger generations and to public.
- Municipal governments are suggested to officially declare 21 August as World Entrepreneurs' Days, this could be done by the city mayor through a proclamation.
- Press members and media are suggested to provide coverage within their publications for articles, news and interviews regarding entrepreneurs and their success stories.
- Businesses are suggested to provide discounts and promotions during the World Entrepreneur's Day.
- Government entities, public authorities and universities are suggested to distribute communicative and instructive materials regarding entrepreneurship and its importance.
- Radio and television networks are suggested to prepare programs to highlight the importance of entrepreneurship and provide talk-shows or documentaries to educate the population.
- Businesses could organize open door days and tours during the World Entrepreneurs' Days, especially for younger audiences.
- Participatory business and innovation activities, local talks, lectures, presentations, workshops and debates could be organized to create both awareness and as a cultural activity to promote entrepreneurship.
- Organize local awards for businesses or leadership, both for established businesses and enterprises and for young entrepreneurs.
- Create and publish a press release regarding the activities you would organize during the World Entreprenerus' Day.
Suggested Events and Activities for Individuals
- Spread the word through your own ways; announce the World Entreprenerus' Day at social networking sites, your webpages, your newsletter, at your workplace etc.
- Buy a present or throw a party for your boss on August 21 - World Entreprenerus' Day, and share your events to inspire others.
- Use the World Entreprenerus' Day logos during your events
- Teach your kids about entrepreneurship on the World Entreprenerus' Day at 21st of August.
Share your Events and News